In the "traditional" world of blog spam filters, spam accumulates in your spambox, sometimes at an alarming rate.
Occasionally legitimate comments, left by the users of your blog, will be eaten by your filter -- an expected and normal occurrence (if not somewhat annoying) as no filter can ever be perfect.
When such "false positives" occur, one of 3 things will happen:
1) The commenter may send you a
belligerent polite email notifying you that his/her comment failed to make it through to your blog;
2) If you're fastidious and eagle-eyed, you may notice the errant comment in your spambox and restore it before its absence can be noticed by too many readers;
3) You may fail to pick up on the comment as it becomes buried in spam, sucked into a black hole from which it will never emerge.
If you've spent any time blogging, it's almost a given that #1 happens to you every other day. And as we all know, good blogging practice requires that you keep your garden clean and so you'll probably perform #2 on a regular basis, typically digging out a handful of erroneously caught comments whenever you check.
But, the million dollar question: How often does #3 occur? With what frequency are legitimate tidbits of commentary/knowledge passed on by your readers but never made live to the web? How much conversation spirals down the dark recesses of the urinal drain?
Sadly, it's impossible to say. Your spambox may be riddled with such false-positives, but it is probably so overflowing and
poorly chronologically organized that seeking out each and every one of these errors is simply impractical if not done on a daily basis.
If any of this resonates for you, we think you'll jump for joy for Defensio which puts an end to the blackhole problem by:
- Sorting your spambox by the "spaminess" of each comment, so that those least likely to be spam (i.e. most likely to be false positives) bubble up to the top for easy identification;
- Providing you with an RSS feed of spam (and legitimate) comments, so that you can easily and quickly identify mistakes without having to log into your blogging platform;
- Cranking up the dial on performance through individualized and continuous learning algorithms, so that less errors occur, period.
Download Defensio now, and stop losing comments to spam.