No Content Gateway instances are associated with this Policy Server.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
70 Posts
Jurgen posted on 19 Aug 2011 1:47 AM

Hi,

Could someone please instruct me on how to troubleshoot association between WCG and Policy Server?!

I have Websense Web Filtering (Filtering Service FS, Policy Server PS on same machine RHEL 4.8) installed in an integrated mode with WCG. WCG was given correct IP address for Policy Server and Filtering service and was installed after Web filtering product. The installation went without problems.

When I open WebUI under Settings>Content Gateway Access, I get the message

"No Content Gateway instances are associated with this Policy Server."

Troubleshoot tip says to check ports that WCG uses to connect to PS (55806,55880) and FS(15868) and the test shows thery're all open (iptables service is stopped).

Could the license be the problem? 

I am using NFR license for W.Web Security but I am no sure now if it includes association with WCG.

Thanks,

J.

|

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,744 Posts

Firstly, you should contact your Websense account representative to confirm the license includes WCG.

And can you open the WCG Manager by entering the following URL:

https:// <ip of WCG server>:8081

Which version are you using? as the above URL may be different.

Best regards

|
Top 50 Contributor
70 Posts

Yes, I can open WebUI on port 8081. WCG is of version 7.5.

I received NFR license from my regional manager after asking him to provide me with the license for WebSecurity and WCG. So the WebSecurity license includes WCG? Because I received only one subscription key from him.

Perhaps he mistakenly got me an incomplete license.

|
Top 10 Contributor
1,744 Posts

The license for Web Security and WCG is the same, but the same license can have multiple functions, you can extend your subscription to include both products or by default only for single product, so you need to verify the license first.

Also you can double-check the license in WCG manger > Monitor > My Proxy > Summary > Subscription Details. Check purchased status shows Purchased for 3 or 4 features.

Best regards

|
Top 50 Contributor
70 Posts

I've contacted my sales manager and asked him about the inclusion of WCG in WSG NFR license that he sent me, and I got a reply that states 

"WCG is part of any WSG install and not standalone. Therefore WSG key is the one you need."

So, I guess this would further be the technical problem since obviously I have valid WSG license?!

Yuting, when I check Subscription details I got "Not purchased" for all four categories. If I am not mistaken, when WCG connects to the Policy Server it pulls subscription key from it, so I don't have to put it manually in subscription box,right?! However, there is nothing in that box right now.

|
Top 10 Contributor
1,744 Posts

Actually, WSG7.5 is two products combined(WWS+WCG).  

- In the Websense Content Gateway manager interface, navigate to Configure > My Proxy > Subscription.
- Enter the same subscription key used in the WWS.
- Click Apply.
- Navigate to Configure > My Proxy > Basic.
- Click Restart.
- Click the Monitor tab to check the purchase status.

Best regards

|
Top 10 Contributor
986 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

Websense Content Gateway includes Websense Web Security (WWS) but vice versa is not true.  WSG is not technically a product name anymore if I recall correctly...

Jurgen -- you do have to manually enter the subscription key in the Setup/Config tab of WCG.

|
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)