Choose from several options for complete web, email and data security.
Evaluate Websense products by watching demos and installing evaluation software.
Learn how Websense solutions help keep our customer safe, secure and productive
Get information on product updates, support resources and more.
Get the most out of support in five simple steps.
Find tools and assets to help sell Websense solutions.
Come work for the global leader in unified information security.
Hi Hope someone can help,
I have a Websense 7.5.0 installation on an ISa server, the policy service is on the same box as ISA but the reporting and SQL is on a separate server. This setup has been workng esceptionally well for more than a year until about 2 to 3 months back, It appears the Websense Filtering just stops working allowing the users to browse unrestricted, at first I though it could be AD auth but my default policy is set to block all and the users were not being blocked , I uninstalled and reinstalled the ISA addin thinking that it was corrupt as it appears that ISA was totally bypassing Websense as when there is no filtering Websense has no traffic at all, everything starts working fine again after I restart the server but I am unable to find the exact cause of this, I had Mcafee installed which I have just removed thinking that it coudl be this causing the error just happened again now with out any Mcafee...Im at a loss as what next to do, as there have been no changes to this installation...Has anyone had a similar issue, shoudl I backup the policies and settings and re-install Websense or upgrade to 7.5.1?
Thank you for the post. There could be many reasons for the Websense Filtering stops working issue and it's closely related with your specific settings. I think it's better for you to open a support ticket with our tech team to ask them remote in and have a look at your deployment. Since the limitation of forum posts, it's not quite possible to fully discuss your issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I get the same problem in 7.5.1, There are no errors and no alerts to say that the filter has stopped working. All i can think of is that there might be a memory problem with the EIMServer.exe as it hits a 1.9GB limit and the filter stops working. If you kill the process and start the filter service it starts all over until it hits 1.9GB memory and then it stops again.
I also have a call in for this.
Good Luck Marcus
Check out the link below...I don't know if it is related or not. I think there is a HF for your Websense version if I am not mistaking
v7.1: Filter Service not loading the Master URL database Article Number: 000001451 1451 Products: V-Series, Web Security and Filter, Web Security Gateway, Web Security Gateway Anywhere Versions: 7.1 http://www.websense.com/support/article/kbarticle/7-x-Filter-Service-will-not-load V7.5.1 HF09 Policy Broker database download and policy.
Thanks but I have that HF installed :)