There is no Policy Server running at this IP address.

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
DMcKelvey posted on 29 Nov 2009 7:35 AM

I just ran into this issue when attempting to log in to my Logging Server.   I have read the following article: 4361: v7: Policy Server error logging on to Websense Manager

Unfortunately, I am not a Linux expert.   I know that ./WensenseAdmin stop will stop all the Websense Services.  However, this article requires that certain services are stopped in a particular order.

So, how do I start/stop Websense services individually??

Also, how do I start/stop ApacheTomcatWebsense and Apache2Websense services individually??

The article calIs for deleting some files.   looked in the /opt/Websense/bin/  folder and I didnt see any files the with a .exe.p12 extension. .

Thanks for any help!!

|

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,532 Posts
Suggested by Hacken Liu

1. To start/stop ApacheTomcatWebsense and Apache2Websense services, you can run:

service ApacheTomcatWebsense stop/start
service Apache2Websense stop/start

2. We do have .12 files in /opt/Websense/bin folder, please double check it.

3. When you run ./WensenseAdmin stop, it will follow the particular order. No worry about this. :)

Kr,

Websense Forum Moderator

Web Security | Data Security | Email Security

|
Not Ranked
2 Posts

Thanks for the post.  Do I run this on my Windows Logging server or on the Linux Server that is running all the Websense Services?  I am unclear about that.   So, do I delete the files from the Windows or Linux Server or both??

Also, I know my Windows Logging server has ApacheTomcatWebsense & Apache2Websense.   Does the Linux server has these services too?  I know it runs Tomcat.

Thanks!

|
Top 10 Contributor
1,532 Posts

ApacheTomcatWebsense & Apache2Websense come with Websense Manager component. You should delete .p12 files on Linux server where you installed policy server. But you also need to stop/start ApacheTomcatWebsense & Apache2Websense services on your windows server.

Websense Forum Moderator

Web Security | Data Security | Email Security

|
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)