www.zillow.com problems

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
3 Posts
TAPCO posted on 22 Jul 2010 4:09 PM

We are a credit union that uses the site www.zillow.com to access real estate information. Recently there was an update to their page and it stopped working with websense active. As soon as we remove websense it will start to work again. We have narrowed it down to a call to yui.yahooapis.com to load a bunch of JavaScripts. Fiddler2 indicates that there is no header on the return which may be causing the issue.

We have unblocked the yui.yahooapis.com but it was not being blocked in the first place. Also, it does not matter the user level (unrestricted or normal) so it does not seem to be an issue with the blocking.

Any ideas will be welcome since this site is a necessary site in the organization.

|

All Replies

Not Ranked
4 Posts

my company is experiencing this problem as well....exactly the same.

 

very interested to hear if anyone has found a way to fix this.

|
Top 10 Contributor
472 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

I just browsed to the zillow.com website and the following categories were "triggered"

Real Estate

Information Technology

If those categories are allowed you should be able to view the site. Is there a section of the website that you use that is a possible a redirect somewhere? or is the site blocked right from the entry page?

Is the site using HTTPS at any stage?

Are you using an integration, integration with network agent or just stand alone installation?

 

|
Not Ranked
8 Posts

What  are you using as a Proxy, we are using ISA and we have had issues with sites containing java on their sites.  They have not been blocked by Websense but by ISA.  We have had to sometimes create a rule to allow the site.  If you have ISA I would create a rule which allows a test pc to the site to see if it loads correctly.

|
Not Ranked
4 Posts

my company is using a Pix 506e, but i'm 100% sure this is not a firewall / proxy issue. the moment websense is offline the site works as the OP first stated. when it comes back online the site stops working.

also, with zillow trigering both real estate and information technology categories, it shouldn't matter if the sites have been unblocked in the category managers?

|
Top 10 Contributor
472 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

Are you integrating with ISA, TMG or Squid? Or are you using the PIX integration?

Does the zillow.com page load in the beginning and only when you navigate get blocked... or can you not even get to the entry page?

|
Not Ranked
4 Posts

the page loads everything except for a call to a .js script that run the search bar / function.

|
Top 10 Contributor
472 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

Stop your log server, and run the following command:

<path to websense>\bin\testlogserver.exe -onlyip <yourIP>

"<yourIP>" should be your workstation ip address.

On your workstation, close all browsers or programs that may access the internet. Then open a browser and go to www.zillow.com, and try to reproduce the error.

On the server where testlogserver is running a running list of all URL's accessed and permitted or blocked will scroll on the screen. Look to see if you see any blocked URL's. If Websense blocks a url it will be written to the screen. If you do not see any actions of blocked then Websense is not blocking it.

|
Not Ranked
4 Posts

i tried this...for some reason no data ever shows up in the console window...

|
Not Ranked
1 Posts

Unfortunately we are having the same results with this website as well.  Shutting Websense down momentarily allowed the site to work properly which clearly indicates where the problem is. 

Any help with this would be appreciated!

|
Not Ranked
3 Posts

We are using PIX integration with an Cisco ASA 5510. As was indicated by others in this thread the page does load but does not work correctly because it can not get the javascripts from yui.yahooapis.com so the search and other functions on the page do not work.

I have found that if you take WebSense out of the loop and execute it then the javascripts are cached and once WebSense in back in it will still work until the cache is lost.

Fiddler2 says that there is no header coming back from yui.yahooapis.com (Fiddler2 calls it a "stupid site") and I think that is where WebSense is loosing it...

|
Top 10 Contributor
472 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

Strange that I don't have the problem in my lab but I am running in stand alone, possible the issue only exists with integrations. I reckon you need to log a call with Websense tech support and get them to look at it... please post response if you find a solution as this is an interesting problem.

|
Top 25 Contributor
185 Posts
Trusted Users (MVP)

This issues sounds very much like the old "Yahoo" page issue with PIX integration.That website also had issues when WebSense was running, but worked when WS was stopped, but was actually still a PIX/ASA firewall issue...

Check the ASA/PIX for the following commands:

filter url http 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 allow longurl-truncate cgi-truncate

url-block url-mempool 10240
url-block url-size 4
url-block block 128

 

The "-truncate" commands will cut off overly long url strings that can "choke" websense, and the "url-block" commands give more resources for buffering.

The "allow" command tells the ASA/PIX to permit all Internet access if the WebSense service is not reachable, do not put that line in if you want to default to "Block on failure"...

This might not help at all, but worth a look...

|
Not Ranked
3 Posts

Thank you. I did not have that in the ASA but have added it.

It is after hours now but I will have people give it a try tomorrow.

Thanx again...

|
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)