Report Central Subscription

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
22 Posts
Marty2125 posted on 12 Nov 2010 6:44 AM

Hi,

I currently am using WES 7.2 and I run four WES filters with a SQL2005 backend server.  I was wondering if Report Central will work with this setup and how do I tell if I have a subscription for this program?

|

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,744 Posts

Hi,

Are you using a centralized SQL Server to house all Websense Email Security databases: STEMConfig, STEMLog,STEMFriendlyNames, and STEMDashboard?

And there is no subscription limit when installing Report Central.

Please extracted the Websense Email Security installation files (typically, C:\Websense). Run the Report Central executable (RC_v272_0.exe) to open the Installation Wizard.

Do you have RC installation guide and admin guide?

Thanks

Best regards

|
Top 150 Contributor
22 Posts

Yes, I'm using a centralized SQL Server.  I have four WES servers and a SQL Server that houses all the data.  Would Report Central be best if I installed on the SQL Server or do I need to install on each of the 4 WES Servers?

|
Top 10 Contributor
1,744 Posts

Hi,

When installing RC, RC will create its own database and connect with STMLog database, you only need to point it to the centralized SQL Server.

Where to install RC depending on who need to run RC, you can install RC on all 4 WES servers, it can also be installed on one of them. RC just connect with the centralized database.

Thanks,

Best regards

|
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)