Master database download is failing

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
6 Posts
sbieneman posted on 29 Apr 2009 11:10 AM

The most recent database download attempt at x.x.x.x failed
The Websense Master Database must be up-to-date for most effective Internet filtering.

 

I started getting this message on April 23. The same day Websense came out with a notice saying the Websense threat database on april 23rd causes the WES scheduler to fail.   I don't use WES but maybe its the same type of thing is happening with the   Websense security 7.0.1

 

 

|

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Verified by sbieneman

Here's how I got it  fixed.  The april 23rd WES problem had nothing to do with my issue. 

 

Logged into MYWEBSENSE.   Click on View Patches and my version 7.0.1 .  The patch has the title "Master Database Load Problems" ..... Follow the readme file and everything works fine now. 

 

 

Master Database load problems

 

3/4/2009

Product   Websense Enterprise
Version Affected   7.010
Version Fixed   0.000

|

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
129 Posts
Moderator

Hi there,

 

You can refer to the KB below to fix this issue:

http://www.websense.com/support/article/t-kbarticle/Why-can-t-Websense-download-the-current-database-update 

Regards,

Taylor

 

|
Not Ranked
3 Posts

Seeing the same thing here - DB version is showing as 03291.  A manual attempt to update shows the file updating, then applying, then after a long while it says that the update failed.

Plenty of disk space, plenty of RAM, no issues accessing the internet (and indeed the file is actually downloaded), seems to be some failure in the process that applies the download.

We had the WES issue and the resolution there was to delete the current master database and then let the scheduler download an entire fresh copy of the database.  This would probably work for web filter too, if I knew which files to delete...

|
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Verified by sbieneman

Here's how I got it  fixed.  The april 23rd WES problem had nothing to do with my issue. 

 

Logged into MYWEBSENSE.   Click on View Patches and my version 7.0.1 .  The patch has the title "Master Database Load Problems" ..... Follow the readme file and everything works fine now. 

 

 

Master Database load problems

 

3/4/2009

Product   Websense Enterprise
Version Affected   7.010
Version Fixed   0.000

|
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)